We still needed to add leaves, Eva had been working on some nice hard acryll plastic leaves, they looked quite good, now the challenge was to attach them. We had to lasercut again, make the final arms more fitting. We did that, it was alot of work to properly attach everything and put all those tiny screws back in place. But the fina result was one again an improvement. The biggest challenge however would be the extra weight taxing the opening and closing mechanism. For that we really did have to fix ourselves a stronger servo engine.
On 1st, 3rd and 4th of July, we had our exhibition in the Grote Kerk on the Oude Markt. In the church, you can find our flower and our pedestal. Apart from our installation, there are also 12 other installations you can try.
Our flower was a big hit because it’s easy to use and accessible for everyone. Because it’s standing in the middle of the church its one of the first things they see and they get curious.
Monday there was a ceremony where they announced the winner and we won! That was a big surprise and we were really happy! Our hard work paid off!
I was waiting for so long to do this task. We had this plan since the beginning; to create a teaser video as soon as the flower is finished. And finally, the day has come.
To create the video for the social media and the pedestal, we drove to Hengelo (where the flower was built) with the film equipment and started to build up the flower and do the last minor tweaks before it got picked up to the church.
After that I had to be fast, but I was prepared and had my storyboard ready.
After filming, we had to drive to the church and prepare everything for the exhibition. I always had in mind, that the teaser video has to be done before that, so we can make people curious and make them come to our installation. So after that, I immediately started to edit the video, to filter out all the footage, to find the right soundtrack etc.
Everyone who has some experience with editing, knows how time consuming it can be. I worked until the morning to finish it, but in the end I was really happy with the result. And not only me: we got great feedback from people on Instagram, Facebook, fellow students and even teachers.
I think with that I reached the goal, in selling our product in the way it was intended to. Of course, the video is only here to showcase the hard work my team members and I had to go through. But in the end it was all worth it.
Here the video for you to watch:
So we brought all our gear to Hengelo and started putting it all together, messing with the code a bit and solving some minor problems. We drilled some holes and added nice speakers. After our pitch we heard from Renée that he really wanted to see more interactivity, in the form of a pir specifically, I must have put this idea in his head by making a suggestion myself. This was just a little idea however and with time and energy being low his preference for adding a pir was somewhat unwelcome. However, I’m kinda glad I went to school to fix that pir thing even though I already had one hell of a long day. That last few hours in the lab turned out more fun than expected.
Eva and i finished the building part and started the next day (it was a saturday) with the first and second layer of white to cover the wood.
after the 2 layers of white we had to wait 24 hours to let it completely dry and started monday with buying the good paint, not the action paint. After everything we needed we started taping the triangles on the stam.
Continue reading “Painting Stem Flower”
on friday 23-06 we started buidlding our main flower. We asked help from the expert Rob Dekker. We used his space to build the flower.
First Eva and i had to buy all the wood and stuff for the building part. And at the end we didn’t use all the wood we got but 3 from the 4 pieces of wood. The sizes where: 244 – 12 cm.
So we decides to use the whole height (2.44 m) as the top height of the flower and work from the bottom till top. As our direction we used Eva’s 3D sketch. The picture below is without sized because we had to adapt them.
Continue reading “Building Main flower.”